New and Improved Scholars 3.0 launched in June 2023!
Since 2013, Scholars@Duke has served as a data aggregator and research discovery system highlighting the research, scholarship and activities of Duke faculty members. Through ongoing engagement with Duke’s scholarly community, Scholars@Duke has gradually expanded to include more features, data, and profile types.
In June 2023, we launched Scholars 3.0, the first major redesign of the site. We hope Scholars 3.0 will offer an improved user experience with greater opportunities for engagement, recognition, research intelligence, and data sharing across the institution.
What is Different About Scholars@Duke 3.0?
Scholars 3.0 represents a significant redesign of the user interface (the first since inception) and a significant overhaul of the underlying architecture. Features include:
- Banded homepage with clear, audience-focused call-to-actions
- Improved page layouts
- Re-imagined faculty profile pages
- Improved performance driven by a more fluid and flexible architecture
- Modern GraphQL API for data consumers
- Updated organization pages that highlight featured publications and research
- More prominent search bar
- Better search faceting
- Enhanced mobile experience
- New Scholars Help site with audience-specific resources
- Closer alignment with the Duke style guide
- Stronger accessibility compliance
New profiles include:
- Expandable left-hand navigation
- Profile Contact Card persists on every page:
- Contact card now includes icons for categorized weblinks (i.e., Google Scholar, LinkedIn);
- New At A Glance tab highlights the profile owner's key information (overview, current appointments, education) in a single view
- Visually-enhanced Expertise tab
- Detail pages with faculty cards that reflect interdisciplinary affiliations
Scholars@Duke 3.0 Release Schedule
The initial release incorporating the new user interface launched on June 20, 2023. Upcoming releases will include further refinements to the user interface and the GraphQL API as well as a new and improved Profile Manager.
Check back here for future updates and/or subscribe to the Scholars@Duke announcements mailing list.
How Can I Help Shape the Direction of Scholars?
Join our Scholars Insights Panel for exclusive opportunities to preview the redesigned interface, provide feedback, and participate in usability testing sessions.