Discover the world of research and scholarship at Duke.
Looking for Duke faculty experts, instructors, clinicians, or researchers? Find them in Scholars@Duke!
- Scholars is a research discovery system featuring the research, scholarship, and activities of Duke faculty members and academic staff.
- Scholars displays web profiles that summarize a person's roles at Duke, their research, and their connections with colleagues.
- Search by name, topic, or subject area to find content on Scholars profiles.
How does Scholars@Duke Work?
Scholars content is aggregated and continuously updated from a number of trusted sources at Duke. Some profile content can customized by profile owners and their delegates.
- Appointments and other faculty data come from dFac, Duke's faculty system in SAP.
- Publications come from Elements, a tool that aggregates publication metadata from bibliographic sources like Scopus, PubMed, Web of Science, arXiv, RePEc, and others. Publications can also be added manually.
- Open Access publications are easy to add to DukeSpace, Duke Libraries' open access repository, making them freely available to colleagues, students, and the general public, which increase their impact.
- Datasets deposited with Duke’s Research Data Repository will be added by Duke Libraries to Elements. (For questions about depositing your data here at Duke or elsewhere, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Grants are loaded from Duke's Sponsored Projects System (SPS) maintained by the Office of Research Support. Grants can also be added manually in Scholars.
- Courses come from DukeHub, Duke's course management system.
- Other automated content includes "In the News" stories from the Office of News and Communications and "External Relationships" from the Conflicts of Interest system.
Need more information about Scholars@Duke?
- See the Scholars User Guide or Video Tutorials for "How-to" instructions
- Refer to the Data Consumer Resources for guidance on consuming Scholars data
- Contact the Scholars team at email@example.com for other questions and support